Thứ Ba, 13 tháng 3, 2012

Entry1_ Le Thi Thai Hang


Entry 1 – Lê Thị Thái Hằng

Item 1: Poem


 FIRE AND ICE





Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.


Robert Frost
Submitted Date
Friday, January 03, 2003





Rhetorical devices:

-         Rhyme: fire- ice- desire- fire- twice, hate- great, ice- suffice.
-        Metaphor:
                                    *fire: anger, hatred, desire, lust…
                                    *ice: hate, coldness and indifference… 
Message:
We are suffering from the pain of desire and hate. These two elements can be very strong and both can give you the strength to hold on in difficult situations. However, they are so dangerous that they can destroy us, destroy our beautiful world. The poem still has a hidden criticism that there is too much hate in this world. Hate that maybe once will ruin the world....

Item 2: Picture




Rhetorical devices:
-          Overstatement:  OXY  1.000đ/phút
-          Symbol: place to sell petrol turns into place to sell Oxygen because of air pollution.
Message:
 In the future, the air pollution( smoke and dust from transports) will make people have no oxy to breathe. 

Item 3: Song

WHAT ARE WORDS?
                               Chris Medina

Anywhere you are, I am near
Anywhere you go, I'll be there
Anytime you whisper my name, you'll see
How every single promise I keep
Because what kind of guy would I be
If I was to leave when you need me most

What are words
If you really don't mean them
When you say them
What are words
If they're only for good times
Then they don't
When it's love
Yeah, you say them out loud
Those words, They never go away
They live on, even when we're gone

And I know an angel was sent just for me
And I know I'm meant to be where I am
And I'm gonna be
Standing right beside her tonight


And I'm gonna be by your side
I would never leave when she needs me most
I'm forever keeping my angel close.
Rhetorical Devices:
- Rhyme: see- keep- be, right- beside- tonight, leave- need,
- Repetition:
            + Anywhere you…
            + What are words if…
            + And I know….
- Metaphor : angel: the author’s beloved darling.
- Rhetorical question:
+ What are words if you really don't mean them when you say them?
+ What are words if they're only for good times then they don't?

Message: whatever happens, “ I” always be there for “she” because “she” is an angel of “ my” life.
……………………………………..
Source:


1 nhận xét:

  1. You did a good job.Examples that were given are somewhat various:a song, a picture and a poem.You analyzed carefully and clearly. I really like your entry.

    Trả lờiXóa