Thứ Năm, 15 tháng 3, 2012

Entry 1_Nguyen Thi Van Anh


by Critical Thinking 10e14 on Friday, February 3, 2012 at 10:10pm ·

Item 1: poem

Thinking Of You


I was thinking of you just a short while 

I missed your sweet kiss, and I loved your precious smile

I was just thinking of you and your beautiful eyes

Just looking into mine, They’ll tell no lies

I was thinking of you when I felt my heart ache

I wish I had your love, A love that will never break

I was thinking of you holding on to me

The way I felt, The way it could be

I was thinking of you to tell you I’d try

To give you pure love, Till'’ the day that I die

I was thinking of you letting me care

Just to let you know, I’ll always be there.

Source: http://www.short-love-poems.net/short-sweet-love-poems.html

v  Rhetorical devices:
  • Rhyme:
    • While – smile – eyes – lies
    • Ache – break
    • Me – be
    • Care – there
  • Repetition: “I was thinking of you…..”
v  Message:  
     Love is the most beautiful think in the world and the one who is falling in love is the happiest person in the world so once you have someone to love, love with your whole heart.


Item 2: picture

Source: http://9gag.com/gag/2306105


v  Rhetorical devices:
  • Assonance:
    •  Something – nothing
    • Today – yesterday
  • Oxymoron: finish doing nothing.

v  Message: Make hay while the sun shines


Item 3: Song

"Hurt"


Seems like it was yesterday when I saw your face
You told me how proud you were but I walked away
If only I knew what I know today

I would hold you in my arms
I would take the pain away
Thank you for all you've done
Forgive all your mistakes
There's nothing I wouldn't do
To hear your voice again
Sometimes I want to call you but I know you won't be there

I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do
And I've hurt myself by hurting you
Some days I feel broke inside but I won't admit
Sometimes I just want to hide 'cause it's you I miss
You know it's so hard to say goodbye when it comes to this

Would you tell me I was wrong?
Would you help me understand
? Are you looking down upon me?
Are you proud of who I am?
There's nothing I wouldn't do
To have just one more chance
To look into your eyes and see you looking back

I'm sorry for blaming you for everything I just couldn't do
And I've hurt myself
If I had just one more day, I would tell you how much that
I've missed you since you've been away

Oh, it's dangerous
It's so out of line to try to turn back time

I'm sorry for blaming you for everything
I just couldn't do And I've hurt myself

By hurting you
Source: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/christinaaguilera/hurt.html

v  Rhetorical devices:
  • Rhetorical question:
Would you tell me I was wrong? Would you help me understand? Are you looking down upon me? Are you proud of who I am?
  • Repetition:
    • Would you…..?
    • Are you…..?
    • I would…..
v  Message:  appreciate every single second when you are living in the arms of your parents

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét