Thứ Năm, 15 tháng 3, 2012

Entry 1_Le Van Hong


by Critical Thinking 10e14 on Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 10:40am ·

Item 1: Idiom

A barking dog never bites
Rhetorical device:
-          Metaphor: dog (for human)
Message: The person who always speaks a lot is usually useless.

Item 2: Poem

A Special World

A special world for you and me
A special bond one cannot see
It wraps us up in its cocoon
And holds us fiercely in its womb.

Its fingers spread like fine spun gold
Gently nestling us to the fold
Like silken thread it holds us fast
Bonds like this are meant to last.

And though at times a thread may break
A new one forms in its wake
To bind us closer and keep us strong
In a special world, where we belong.

- Sheelagh Lennon -


Rhetorical devices:
-          Rhyme:                me – see; cocoon – womb; gold – fold; fast – last; break – wake; strong – belong
-          Metaphor: cocoon
-          Repetition: a special world
Message: A true love has its strong bond that hardly anything can separate it.

Item 3: Song

Why Does It Rain - Darin Zanyar
……..
We used to be as one We never were apart The sun was always shining In my heart Now those days are gone I miss the love we had No one ever told me life could be so sad Oh baby I keep holding on Can't let go please let me know

Why does it rain Why does it hurt Please God explain 'Cause I don't understand Love made me fly Now I just cry Please tell me why Tell me why does it rain
………………….
Rhetorical device:
-          Metaphor:
  • Rain (for tears)
  • Sun (for happiness)
Meaning: Losing love is so hurtful that man cannot help but cry. Therefore, everyone should learn keeping love.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét